YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF YOUR SOUL
How would you honour your body as the temple of your soul?
That’s a question I was asked back in 2013 that led to this website. Peaceful Soulfood’s purpose is to inspire you with delicious, nutrient-dense, creative, and uncomplicated recipes and information to nourishing your body as the temple of your beautiful soul.
Peaceful Soulfood is based on five pillars:
- Your body is the temple of your soul. Kind and peaceful souls can only evolve in a body that’s nourished without cruelty. You cannot eat violence and expect peace.
- Plant-based nutrition helps people around the globe to regain their health. Research like Forks over Knives which is around for many years is now adopted by more and more people who want to restore their health and vitality.
- Animals are living beings. Open your heart to all the millions of animals who are exploited, misused, abused, tortured and killed by the animal agriculture industry. Watch Earthlings to learn more.
- What we eat has a huge impact on the environment. The animal agriculture industry is not only the most water consuming “food” industry, but also the biggest contributor to greenhouse gasses. Watch Cowspiracy for more information.
- Mother Earth doesn’t need us. But we need her to survive.
“The world has enough for everyone’s need, but not enough for everyone’s greed.” –Mahatma Gandhi
My name is Tamara Schenk, writer, analyst, and peace4you creator. In my professional life, I’m working as an analyst and care about all things b2b sales performance. As a human being, I care about all living beings. That’s why I created this blog back in 2013, initially on Tumblr, to inspire people like you to adopt a peaceful, plant-based, sustainable lifestyle.
People go vegan for different reasons: ethics, environment, and health. Whatever your reason is, it is perfect. All these reasons are equally important and connected to each other. Each single plant-based meal helps the environment, the animals, and your health, your vitality, and your fitness.
Going vegan in July 2012 was a huge shift for me and without any doubt one of the best decisions in my life. There is only one thing I regret: that I didn’t make the decision to go vegan earlier in my life. If you want to learn more about my journey, click here.
“The reasons for going vegan are never ending; the reasons for not going vegan are nonexistent.”
vegan marathon runner, holding three Guinness world records,
leading Tower Hill Stables Animal Sanctuary in Essex, UK